1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips gmail messages not going to laptop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by palsing, Aug 25, 2010.

1. palsing

palsing New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I've only had my Evo for a few days, so maybe this is easy to fix. I can't find an answer in the manual.

I set up the phone to get my gmail, and this seems to work just fine. However, I do most of my e-mail stuff at home on my laptop (using Outlook), and I've noticed that many of the e-mails that I get on the phone never make it to the laptop. Not all of them, just some of them, but some pretty important e-mails are MIA on the Dell.

If it were to be the other way around it wouldn't bother me at all.

Anyone have a clue about this?

\Paul

Advertisement

2. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    SoCal
    As long as you are not moving from the inbox on Google's server (google.com), I don't see why your Outlook isn't downloading them. Can you tell if it is only downloading new, unread messages from Google?

3. palsing

palsing New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Thanks for responding.

The problem may be resolved. I just went by the Sprint store, and learned that there were (2) mail programs running. One was deleted and now I only have the Gmail program.

When I access my gmail on the web, all the emails are there, but on my laptop's Outlook, a couple of dozen are missing. I get a lot of emails daily, and the only reason I noticed at all was because I had sent myself a really important email from work, and when I got home it wasn't there. I looked on the web version and it was there. I started checking line-by-line between the web and Outlook and identified at least a couple of dozen emails missing from Outlook.

Hopefully, by deleting the second email program on the Evo, the problem is resolved... although I have no idea why it happened in the first place. I'll keep comparing the on-line and Outlook versions for a couple of days... just in case.

\Paul A

Tags: