1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Gmail multiple account question

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by 10splaya22, Jul 19, 2010.

1. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Midlothian, Va
    Hello I have a gmail account set up on my droid x and then my student email account is imported into that gmail account as well. When I go to that gmail account on the computer, I can either reply from my gmail account or student email account.

I can receive both of them fine on my phone but I can only reply from my gmail account on my phone. Is there anyway to reply from my student email account from my phone like I can do on the computer?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. silentronin

silentronin Active Member

May 31, 2010
    USofA
    open your email account.
    menu->accounts.....select your school email.
    menu->compose.

at least, thats how it works on my incredible.

3. 10splaya22

May 3, 2010
    Midlothian, Va
    Yea if I do that it only allows me to select between my gmail accounts.

4. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    If you using gmail to poll your other email then no, there isn't a way. When I was letting gmail check my other email, I just set up that account in the regular email app, and set it up to only grab the email manually so i didnt get double notified. Then if I wanted to respond from that account I made a shortcut to the standard email account and would send from there. Sounds confusing but it worked ok.

5. 10splaya22

May 3, 2010
    Midlothian, Va
    That makes sense and thats what I tried to do by setting up my student email in the mail app but its not working properly. So then I figured there should be a way to reply through gmail since I can do it on my computer perfectly but yet there isn't a way...

If anyone knows of a way to do this please let me know.

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    Well what issues were you having setting it up in the mail app? Maybe we can help with that since there isn't a a way to do what you want. I know how it feels I really wanted the same thing.

7. 10splaya22

May 3, 2010
    Midlothian, Va
    I have a student email address at virginia tech and the auto settings didn't work. Im sure its POP3 since thats what I used to import it into my Gmail account. I also tried using the same settings as I used there (ex. the server name and port). Not really sure what to use.

8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    If you're not sure then check with them. There may be more options than just one. A quick Google search seems to indicate that they do offer Google Apps accounts as well.