• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail not pushing email to me... Again

I'm occasionally having this problem, although on my phone, it's not just gmail. My mobile network (3g) is shutting down when my phone is sleeping. When I wake up my phone, the 3g comes back and then my email gets delivered. Quite frustrating.

There doesn't seem to be any set pattern to this. It's sporadic, but seems to be happening more lately.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/47249-mobile-network-shutting-down.html

Upvote 0
Well, overnight, it started pushing them again, so who knows. The only recent change I've made is no longer using ATK (which was right before it stopped pushing). I'm almost wondering if its the same issue as the market not downloading apps sometimes. Cause, while Google Talk is not open at the moment, and I think Gmail is still pushing, it was after I started up Google Talk to download apps that gmail started working again. Who knows....

Upvote 0
Well, overnight, it started pushing them again, so who knows. The only recent change I've made is no longer using ATK (which was right before it stopped pushing).

That sounds like "Bingo" to me. Uninstall ATK, restart your phone. Go into Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Google and make sure that everything is checked. Do not run ATK again, especially if you are using it to automatically end tasks, because it sounds like you automatically ended the service that listens for gmail notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones