• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Not pushing email

Anemone

Sep 2, 2010
Arizona
I haven't messed with my settings on my phone about data delivery. Somehow my gmail wont push my mail through, i have to manually refresh it.

Background data is on
Data Roaming is off
Data enabled is on
All my accounts are synced
Notification is on.

I did a reboot just to see and it still didnt fix.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

The gmail app. It has always given me a notifcation, but somehow it stopped. I don't use any taskkillers either.

Edit: I figured out the problem, seems when I installed switchpro I accidentally hit the sync widget and removed the widget. Strange I couldn't find a sync option in settings. I had to reopen the sync widget.

Upvote 0
Did you add any new Launchers, like Launcher Pro? Launcher Pro has option to hide the notitification bar. Maybe you selected that option by accident?

Did you check the GMAIL app's notification setting to make sure you didn't turn it off by accident?

Did you add any new apps about the time that you noticed this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones