1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gmail not syncing correctly (4.3)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sanderling, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Sanderling

Sanderling Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2012
    In another thread I don't want to derail, it's mentioned several times that Android upgrades work better if the user does a factory reset after the update. I just got a new phone (insurance replacement) and it seems to have 4.3 installed.

After hours of updating and installing apps I'm dismayed to find that Gmail isn't auto-syncing. I have to manually refresh to get new mail. I tried a different mail app (MyMail) and the same problem occurred. I have two Gmail accounts and it's not working for either of them.

All the settings I can find seem to be correct. Any ideas? This is a huge problem for me and I really don't want to do another factory reset!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    There are 2 sync settings. In email you have to enable syncing for that account (even if you jhave only 1 account). Then in Accounts, tiy have to enable syncing for what you want for that account - email, contacts, etc.

If either one is off you won't autosync.

3. Sanderling

Sanderling Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2012
    All of my sync settings are set to on. Everywhere that I can find a setting about syncing I have it turned on. But still nothing auto-syncs; I have to hit Refresh or swipe down in the messag list to get new email.

This may or may not be related: Android Device Manager can't locate my phone. It can ring it, but I get Location Unavailable when I try to locate it. WEIRD!