• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail not working

DFC

Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
I've just purchased this phone and the GMail app isn't working properly. When I receieve a new message, I am unable to simply choose the GMail app. I see the email in "all mail", but does not enter gmail inbox. I do not receive a notification, either.

I have been on the phone with the Motorola help desk and the Verizion help desk for 5 hours and currently have a tech at the Verizon store working on the issue. Nobody has been able to figure out the problem. I have all settings set correctly, I have restored factory defaults to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

check the settings on your web-version of Gmail - i have filters set up which achive certain messages when they are received - this means they never show up in my inbox. Would result in what you are seeing....

for example one archives all mail that I have forwarded to my Gmail account from another provider

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones