1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gmail notification issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DoctorDroid, Dec 24, 2011.

1. DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid Lurker

I upgraded from a Motorola Droid and I used to get my gmail notifications almost instantly. Now the email notifications are really slow or do not update unless I click on the actual Gmail app. I use the Gmail app and not the HTC mail app. Is there a way to fix this? I also noticed that my phone does not vibrate for Gmail even though it is set to. I have 4G set as my preferred network. Is it something to do with my power settings? I did notice that "Enable Always On Mobile Data" was unchecked, should I check this box? Also "Disable Background Data" in my power settings is NOT checked so that isn't the problem. I think I have my gmail settings set right...?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Yes you should. With mobile unchecked your 3g/4g won't work properly.

3. DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid Lurker

still not working after checking that. I have to press the refresh button in gmail to get it to download emails...

the notifications are fine for gtalk. just gmail app not working.

StaggerLee likes this.
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

That doesn't affect gmail push

Check your notification settings in gmail app, also check in menu>settings>accounts & sync> make sure background data AND auto-sync are checked

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews