• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail notifications back to pre-JB style?

CharlieD

Jun 2, 2010
Greece, NY
www.dennett.org
When I got JB on my MAXX, the notifications from GMail in the notification window had a new style. If there was one message, I could delete it right from the notification window. If there was more than one, it provided a short list of them. I just noticed today all that is gone. It just tells me how many new messages there are like it did in the version prior to JB. I have not updated any apps in a while so I can't imagine what caused this. Maybe I inadvertently changed some setting somewhere. If I did, I can't find it to change it back.

Also power cycled the MAXX but that did not help.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions of what I may have changed?

Charlie

When I got JB on my MAXX, the notifications from GMail in the notification window had a new style. If there was one message, I could delete it right from the notification window. If there was more than one, it provided a short list of them. I just noticed today all that is gone. It just tells me how many new messages there are like it did in the version prior to JB. I have not updated any apps in a while so I can't imagine what caused this. Maybe I inadvertently changed some setting somewhere. If I did, I can't find it to change it back.

Also power cycled the MAXX but that did not help.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions of what I may have changed?

Charlie

Drag your notification bar down, then press on the gmail notification and drag it down and you should see the box expand and give you the information and options that you're talking about. I think it may have just shown up expanded before but now you have to press and drag down on the gmail notification to see the other information/options.

Reactions: 330D and CharlieD
Upvote 0
Drag your notification bar down, then press on the gmail notification and drag it down and you should see the box expand and give you the information and options that you're talking about. I think it may have just shown up expanded before but now you have to press and drag down on the gmail notification to see the other information/options.

That's it! Thanks.

Charlie

Upvote 0

Thanks! I learn something every day here... And this is a cool one!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones