1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gmail on Wildfire - Truncated emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fjdouse, Aug 19, 2010.

1. fjdouse

fjdouse Newbie

(I did search without luck before posting)

Hi
    I am stuck with this (ugly) Gmail app on my HTC Wildfire. Some emails (not all) are arriving truncated - Like this exampl...

Some emails are intact but when re-read later are truncated, but some are not touched at all and work fine, I don't see a pattern.

As is, I cannot use this device for reliable email.

(And please don't say it's because it's a budget phone, or I think I will cry.)

2. fjdouse

fjdouse Newbie

BUMP!

No body else getting some emails where only a two and bit lines are showing? Nobody knows how to get the rest of the message to show?

3. drpbier

drpbier Lurker

Hi - I think it's the Gmail app, not the phone, and it seems to hapen when you have multiple messages in a thread - the text in older messages gets truncated. You're right, it's horrible. If you use a desktop mail client, everything's still there.

I've seen so many comments about how Android 'does Gmail the right way'. But in this instance, I think it's kind of broken. And there are other issues, like no unified inbox, and no swipe to delete.

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews