• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail on Wildfire - Truncated emails

fjdouse

Aug 9, 2010
(I did search without luck before posting)

Hi
I am stuck with this (ugly) Gmail app on my HTC Wildfire. Some emails (not all) are arriving truncated - Like this exampl...

Some emails are intact but when re-read later are truncated, but some are not touched at all and work fine, I don't see a pattern.

As is, I cannot use this device for reliable email.

(And please don't say it's because it's a budget phone, or I think I will cry.)

Hi - I think it's the Gmail app, not the phone, and it seems to hapen when you have multiple messages in a thread - the text in older messages gets truncated. You're right, it's horrible. If you use a desktop mail client, everything's still there.

I've seen so many comments about how Android 'does Gmail the right way'. But in this instance, I think it's kind of broken. And there are other issues, like no unified inbox, and no swipe to delete.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones