1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

gmail only works via wifi - not 3G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gamul1, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gamul1

gamul1 Android Enthusiast

Hi

Bottom line on top: I added my wife's email account to my phone but it tells me that the password or user name fails to authenticate. If I turn on wifi then it connects and retrieves email just fine.

More details:
    My wife's account is a work account but they have an agreement through Google. So, while her email is her work email it uses Google servers for incoming and outgoing connection. Standard addresses of imap.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com

This same configuration works on her Droid Incredible - exact same phone as mine. It also works just fine on my Motorola Xoom.

My phone is rooted and has been for over. a year.

I had recently upgraded my phone and mine has been turned off. Only a week or two.

Another gmail account also stopped working for the same reason but I did not touch that. However, we have two more gmail accounts that do work plus a yahoo. Those work on 3G or wifi.

I can not figure out why this is occurring. Clearly the settings are fine if they work on wifi. But it seems like the phone settings must be fine if 2 of the 4 gmail accounts still work fine.

I compared the settings between accounts and they all are the same except user name and password.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews