1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Gmail problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by up2nogood, Jul 29, 2011.

1. up2nogood

up2nogood Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    I'm getting really fed up with this phone with its constant problems.

Right I've got the gmail app which came with the phone, I'm on Orange, 2.2.1, I have data enabled, sync on, gmail running in background and its not telling me when I get emails. The one thing the app is meant to do, it doesn't do it. Can anyone explain to me why that is? I have every option set to enable this, like background data sync, etc etc. Incredibly annoying.

I'm also finding this phone has awful battery using 3g, I can go from 80% to 20% in like an hour and a half of internet browsing, totally unacceptable. I'm stuck with this phone for another year and 9 months yet, and I'm dreading how bad things are going to get to be honest.

Advertisement

2. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    student
    Croatia
    Why not just flash it with something else?

3. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I know you said you have sync enabled but if you tap your gmail account under Accounts and sync there is a further set of options on what to sync i.e, Contacts, Gmail and Calendar. Check to see if Gmail is active.

Cheers.

Ray

P.s. I feel your pain regarding this phone, it is the most awkward phone I've ever had the misfortune of owning ( and I've owned a Nokia 5800xm ).

4. up2nogood

up2nogood Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    Yeah I know the screen you mean, its enabled there too. Its very eratic sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm reluctant to update it because a lot of people have been complaining about the poor battery life, I'm lucky if i get 4 hours of time with the screen on with this thing as it is. Its abysmal. I try to set up WIFI as i get people bending my ear about using 3g for internet (how dare I use a basic out of the box function!), but thats horrendous too. No pattern regarding when and when it chooses not to work. I can be laying in bed and web pages load fine one minute, then it craps out for no reason the next. I send txts and they sometimes go thru instantly, sometimes it takes like half an hour. I get picture messages without the pictures which only download hours later.. I'm lucky if i get to send a picture message without it hanging at the sending phase.

And to cap it all off 3g hardly ever works either. I can be there waiting for it to load pages and then after minutes upon minutes of waiting, suddenly it leaps into life for 30 seconds. Its pathetic. I'm sick to death of paying for the joy of using this overated garbage. I dont live too far from a 3g mast and never had problems with other phones. What a piece of cack.

5. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    One of the things I've found is that the phone often forgets settings, for instance I'm sick and tired of turning off Location in the browsers settings.
    I'm also wary of sending large SMS's because the phone thinks it's a good idea to convert them to MMS (at 31p a pop) instead of splitting the text like crappy old Nokia phones can do. I found this out the hard way by a mate sending me a long joke and me forwarding it on to 7 other people, which ended up costing me over

6. up2nogood

up2nogood Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2011