1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GMail Push Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NativeTxn, Feb 28, 2011.

1. NativeTxn

NativeTxn Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Had the phone since it came out, and up to this point, I have had no issues with my GMail pushing to the phone (using the GMail app that came pre-installed on the phone). Sometimes it would hit the phone before it showed up on my computer, sometimes it hit at the exact same time, and sometimes it would hit the phone a few minutes after it showed up on my computer.

I've got everything set to auto-sync with my Gmail email, contacts, and calendar.

Today, I noticed that the emails weren't hitting my phone (even within several minutes). When I would refresh the account or go into Settings>Accounts & Sync, and click turn off auto-sync and turn it back on, the emails would come through no problem.

I reset my modem and router this morning, and periodically throughout the day, they would push through without issue, but then they would stop pushing well. I've gone into the Gmail app and turned auto-sync off and back on (and I've done the same thing in the setting menu). However, it still seemed like they were not pushing with the same effectiveness and efficiency as they have been the prior 14 days.

One possibility I thought of was that it might be a network issue today (I live in the Dallas area).

Another thing that was a bit odd is that I took my case off because I wanted to do a battery pull (though I honestly can't get the battery door completely off - one corner seems to hang and I'm worried I'm going to snap it in half, but that is another story), and after I took the case off, it seemed like it might be working better.

Is it possible that the case could be causing some sort of issue with the syncing?

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. slappzilla

slappzilla Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    S.E. WI
    I don't have an answer for you but I am having the exact same issue.

Usually I don't care if I get my emails right away or not, but fantasy baseball season is coming up, and I like to get instant notifications if someone in my big money league dropped a guy so I can have the earliest opportunity to pick said player up.