1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Gmail push not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by excite, Sep 17, 2010.

1. excite

excite New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    My gmail won't push with Google sync in X10, definitely have no problem with the sync settings (all ticked), and tried to clear the data in Gmail and even a factory reset, but still no push. I then tried Moxier coming with the X10, surprisingly Gmail push works in it, and a very good function in Moxier is that you can customize the periods of pushing and polling mode within the day.
    But I still want to know why Google sync does not work in my X10, any other people have similar problem? I actually have a Moto Quench, which could push Gmail in the beginning, but suddenly stop pushing without a reason.
    Finally, can someone explain how the Gmail push works in Moxier. As Moxier is based on Microsoft Exchange server, I wonder how Microsoft Exchange server synchronizes with Google, is Gmail built based on Microsoft Exchange server?

Advertisement

2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Aylmer, Quebec
    I often have that problem and then it starts working again... If it sometimes works well (wait for a couple of days to see) then it's probably a problem on Google's side. Try opening Google Talk and logout and re-login if necessary, it works with the downloads in the market maybe it will work with other Google apps?