• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail Push taking a while to come with Native Email App

teshny

Lurker
Sep 8, 2010
Recently my GMail push has stoped working with the Native email app on the Droid Charge. The actual GMail app itself is working fine though.

Is anyone experienced this issue?

I checked the following settings
Email > GMail > Account Settings > Email check Frequency > Automatic (Push)

Settings > Accounts and Sync > xxxx@gmail.com > Sync Gmail (Checked)

I have toggled the enable notifications between The GMail App and Native Email app. Gmail App is instant as email arrives, and Native Email app will take few hours.

I prefer using the native email for all my email accounts as it is easy to switch between accounts.

Any help is appreciated.

-Tesh

Recently my GMail push has stoped working with the Native email app on the Droid Charge. The actual GMail app itself is working fine though.

Is anyone experienced this issue?

I checked the following settings
Email > GMail > Account Settings > Email check Frequency > Automatic (Push)

Settings > Accounts and Sync > xxxx@gmail.com > Sync Gmail (Checked)

I have toggled the enable notifications between The GMail App and Native Email app. Gmail App is instant as email arrives, and Native Email app will take few hours.

I prefer using the native email for all my email accounts as it is easy to switch between accounts.

Any help is appreciated.

-Tesh

Yep, happened yesterday. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it updated and now seems ok but before I could not send anything out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones