1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gmail question re syncing email only

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by madmonk, Oct 23, 2011.

1. madmonk

madmonk Member
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    I currently have 2 email gmail accounts on phone. account A is the main one, all contacts backed up to that. However , I would like to download all my email contacts from account B to phone, without backing up all the contacts on phone to account B if that makes sense. That is I want a sync one way only from account B.

if I sync in the normal way using account B I'll no doubt end up with twice the contacts I had before on my phone. ? or am I just being stupid. ?

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    On my LG Thrive, syncing contacts from a Google Account just downloads contacts from that account and doesn't upload contacts from your phone.

Just a suggestion, why not export your account B contacts to CSV, create a dummy Google account C, then import the CSV you made from account B to account C? You can then try syncing contacts from account C to your phone. If that works properly and doesn't upload any of your phone contacts to account C, then you know it's safe to sync contacts with account B.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Go to Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync. You will see both Gmail accounts there. Under the primary account, you should have everything syncing. For the second account, simply uncheck the everything except email.