1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GMAIL Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roush611, Oct 22, 2010.

1. roush611

roush611 Member

So I have been having issues with my gmail and receiving emails. I will not receive anything but when I check there are like 10 emails in there. What settings should I be using in the phone so that is works correctly? Should auto sync be on? I am about ready to throw this phone. My exchange works fine but for some reason my gmail is all out of wack. Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

you should probably check your sync settings. i have mine on push so i get them as soon as they are sent. if auto sync isnt on then your phone will never check for email

3. roush611

roush611 Member

Yea I have my gmail set to push but I had auto sync off. Is there anyway to delete my gmail and re add it? I dont really want auto sync on because I dont want it auto syncing my other accounts and destroying my battery life.

4. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Android Enthusiast

I don't know where you get the idea it will destroy your battery life.

The radio is very efficient. I use mine a lot, have four gmail accounts it checks automatically and the battery life has been quite good.

Especially compared to the rather dismal life of my iPhone 4 battery.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews