1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

gmail slow to open

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by recDNA, Jun 30, 2013.

1. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

My gmail app is getting slower and slower. When I receive a new gmail and click to open it it takes over a second for email to even begin to open. Then the circle comes on spinning slowly. It may then open the email in 10 to 20 seconds or not at all. Then I back out and try again and it usually opens in a second. Why the long wait to open? I have pictures shut off so it isn't waiting for pics to download and it is just as likely to happen in a text only email message.

Does this happen to anyone else? is there a cure OTHER than using another email app? (I prefer to use gmail directly if at all possible)

Does this happen to anyone else?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

no..nothing like that. I would say try clearing the cache, but that's about it. I'd do that as a first step.

3. recDNA

Tried clearing cashe and data. No luck. You don't get the white screen before inbox shows up and when you pick a new email no white screen b4 it shows up?

4. mkotsis8705

mkotsis8705 Newbie

mine does that too. the only thing I've found that makes it work is to swipe to another email and swipe back to the one I was trying to read. it should open up relatively instantaneously

5. recDNA

At least you've confirmed that the phenomenon exists. Most people just tell me that the app works fine.

6. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

I do get the white screen, but it's less than a second. I don't have alerts enabled for GMAIL, but do have the SYNC setting in the ACCOUNTS setting. (I didn't change any options...it's all default)

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews