• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GMail Split Screen / Multi-Pane for non-tablets?

Hi,

I read with "excitement" that Google had at some point released a two-pane / split-screen mode for their native GMail 'Droid app. In fact there's even a picture of it in action on Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gm&hl=en

But. The release notes go on to say "Split screen for tablets" and to back this up I can't find any Setting or option in my installed copy of the Gmail app [on my phone]. Having a 5" display on the phone is close to being "tablet" and K9 / Aqua / MailDroid already offer a similar split / two-pane mail for any sized device...

I'd rather stick with the GMail app but can anyone confirm that it really does only do split-screen for "tablets" ? :-(

Thanks,

Steve

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones