1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support GMAIL STINKS so pls some1 give me some input!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by izzy35, Jul 3, 2010.

1. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    My gmail email has been working great but out of no where, about 3-4 days ago, the email is not coming through unless I manually, "REFRESH" it!!! This is a HUUUUGE problem for me. I shouldn't have to refresh to get email. I have already tried to troubleshoot my "clearing cache, clearing history,etc" and it helps it for a few minutes, then back to square one.

Please, someone give me some help. I have seen similar posts but NO resolution to the problem.

Advertisement

2. mrsbethyoung

mrsbethyoung Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    That happened to me too, but then I realized I turned auto-sync off.

If you have the power management widget on one of your home screens, make sure the button with the two arrows that make a circle is enabled.

3. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Thank you but yeah, I don't have the widget but do in fact have auto sync enabled. It's been like this for about 3 days and this is a major problem for me. I wish someone would give me some insight or a work-around bc this may be a deal breaker for me keeping this phone.

4. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    USA
    Did you try turning auto-sync off and then back on?

Factory reset?

If all else fails, you can set up Gmail in HTC Mail app. I actually prefer the HTC Mail app, I just had issues after a few days with it playing the notification sound for a new email over and over and over, so I have to go back to Gmail App. Not everyone has that problem though.

5. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I was wondering the pros and cons of using the gmail vs HTC Mail app?? I just figured, a google phone would have a "no problem" connection to its own email! Guess I was wrong. And no, didn't do a factory reset and I'm not too sure for this issue, I want to :-(..And yes, I did in fact check then uncheck the box to no avail.

6. SeattleYanksFan

Mar 1, 2010
    USA
    I assume you did this, but try also going to Settings --> Account & Sync --> Google, and make sure Sync Gmail is checked. I find technology has a funny way of turning things off on its own sometimes.

HTC Mail app is cleaner, easier to use, and has more features like actually being able to download attachments.

I loved it. I got my emails instantly and didn't see any decrease in battery life. The only reason I gave it up was the notification issue. When I have the time, I plan to inspect further to fix it so I can go back to it.

7. gocardinals

gocardinals Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    What is the "notification issue?"

8. SeattleYanksFan

Mar 1, 2010
    USA
    I mentioned it above, but I'll be more specific. And note, at first, HTC Mail notifications worked perfectly. Then a week or so later, out of nowhere, it started happening. Any time a new email came in, my phone would play the new email notification tone like every 2 minutes non-stop until I opened the email. So if an email came in, it would ring. If the phone was across the room or I didn't feel like checking the email right away, one to two minutes later, it would ring again. And again. And again, until I checked the email to make the notification go away. And it drove me nuts. I tried deleting my account and starting over, and the problem continued.

I know of at least a few others experiencing this, but I have yet to see a resolution.