1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

gmail sync issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by willisJ, Nov 3, 2010.

1. willisJ

willisJ Newbie

Anyone having issues with gmail and their evo today? Nothing has changed in my settings / haven't installed anything new in the past few days but gmail isn't downloading new messages automatically. I can open the gmail app and manually sync it and new messages will show up but outside of that there is nothing doing.

tried soft reboot / battery pull..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dermacular

dermacular Newbie

I am experiencing the exact same issue as you, and so is my coworker who also is on an EVO. Kind of surprised the forums are not blowing up about this, and hope there is a quick solution.

3. sivyig

sivyig Newbie

I try to forward a message in gmail yesterday. It still sitting at sending even I had manually syn many time. I have to log on to my PC to forward the message.

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Go into manage applications on the gmail, wipe data and cache and then reboot phone

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

It's not just the Evo. My Epic, my wife's Evo and the old Hero are all doing the same thing and have been for the past 2 days.

Clearing data/cache hasn't helped either of us.

6. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

:thinking::thinking:
    Flashed 2 different roms the last day and never had an issue, sense and aosp roms, weird

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

It seems to be hit and miss. One minute it's fine and the next it's not working again. :thinking:

Who knows! :)

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

I have been having hit or miss issues with gmail's syncing for about 3 weeks now. it eventually goes away...but may come back a week later.

it had been working pretty well for the past week...then I noticed it back again today.

last time I installed the HTC mail apk back onto my phone to have a backup and it appears to work fine even when the gmail app doesn't sync..

9. willisJ

willisJ Newbie

dunno what they did but its fixed for me.. anybody still having issues?

10. paulgl26

paulgl26 Newbie

no fixed here

11. MobileES

MobileES Member

Same issue for the last 2 days, also getting "Force Close" alerts sometimes when I try to send email. I've tried the clear data, cache, and reboot, still issues. Hopefully they send a fix for this, trying to check mail away from the pc is a pain now.

12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

guys in the meantime try the stock htc mail app. it appears to work fine. Over the past month the issue has come and go. some days it will work wonderfully.....others not at all.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews