• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GMAIL Sync Problems

A few days ago i tried sending an email with some pictures in it and it just got stuck at sending and it progressively got worse. now when i go to my gmail it simply says loading mail... and eventually it will say no connection and to retry. but i dont see how it has no connection. it wont work even when im on a wireless internet signal. so its not like its the reception. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

p.s. i have the original droid by motorola.

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same problem and I have tried EVERYTHING including clearing cache and resetting Gmail. Nothing helps. The weird thing is that I can access my Gmail through the browser (on the phone as well as pc!) but not through the app. So the key to the mystery must lie somewhere between the app and maybe the Google server?!
I should note that I use a Sony Ericsson Experia Ray and have Android 2.3.4. When I try to use the Sync app, it currently tells me that the SE Sync service has expired (from 29th of December) and is now moved to Google Sync. But that shouldn't have anything to do with it, should it? I mean, I have used Google sync all along, I believe... Anyway, the Sync app is also inaccessible and does not respond.
I can't get the device to access my Gmail app mails anymore, neither through automatic nor manual refresh.
If someone has any ideas, please bring them on!:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones