• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thanks Shonan, I can get as far as settings, account and sync, but the only options i have are:
General Sync Settings
Background Data (on)
Auto-sync (off) if I turn this on it syncs my contacts as well.

Manage Accounts
Facebook
(sync is off)
Gmail (sync is off)

If I choose the Gmail option I get three choices:
Sync Contacts
Sync Google Mail
Sync Calendar

Each one gives me the option to Touch to sync now but no check-box.
Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
Turn the auto sync to on. It wont automatically sync anything that isn't checked because you can't check anything with it off anyway. Then go into your google accounts you should have the ability to check the boxes that you want to sync. I just did that this morning because my Gmail wasn't syncing either.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what happened. My calendar had been working fine then between driving from work to home, I must have accidentally touched something or changed a setting. I looked at the phone and everything on my calendar was gone.

I've been using the agenda widget that I downloaded from the android market and it worked fine.

But now nothing is sync'd. My Google calendar events are still there, but how do get them to the phone?

My synchronization settings are:
sync application: google

Google sync settings:
background data: checked
auto synchronization: checked

application settings:
calendar: checked

group synchronization: sync all contacts checked

Stupid question: does the phone need to be connected to my computer to sync. I've tried it that way, and it hasn't worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what happened. My calendar had been working fine then between driving from work to home, I must have accidentally touched something or changed a setting. I looked at the phone and everything on my calendar was gone.

I've been using the agenda widget that I downloaded from the android market and it worked fine.

But now nothing is sync'd. My Google calendar events are still there, but how do get them to the phone?

My synchronization settings are:
sync application: google

Google sync settings:
background data: checked
auto synchronization: checked

application settings:
calendar: checked

group synchronization: sync all contacts checked

Stupid question: does the phone need to be connected to my computer to sync. I've tried it that way, and it hasn't worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be to delete the sync on the phone and re-create it. Then it will redownload all the settings and start the sync from scratch.

Upvote 0
I figured out a way to fix my sync problem. I have a lot of recurring events on my calendar, so I simply went online to my Google calendar and made a small change on each event (for example changing a 7:00 event to 7:01) and saving it. It was a pain, but it woke up the sync feature and the events started appearing on my phone calendar again.

But Beau420, for future reference, how can I delete the sync?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I figured out a way to fix my sync problem. I have a lot of recurring events on my calendar, so I simply went online to my Google calendar and made a small change on each event (for example changing a 7:00 event to 7:01) and saving it. It was a pain, but it woke up the sync feature and the events started appearing on my phone calendar again.

But Beau420, for future reference, how can I delete the sync?

Thanks.

Goto Settings->Accounts and Sync->click on the account in questions and then choose the option to Remove Account.

It will remove the account and stop the sync.

At that point, I would restart the phone (in order to clear some of the cached information)...and since there is no way to clear cache on the Account Sync app in particular.

Then go back to accounts and add that info again....in turn it will start the sync all over again from the top. So if there was any problem with the original import, it will start it again.

Upvote 0
Today I noticed all my calendar info had disappeared from both the stock app and Jorte my preferred installed app. I thought it was just my X10 but on getting home and checking my X8 that had gone too. When hubby came home I checked on his iPhone and that was also cleaned out. If you google the problem it looks like we are not alone. I have tried various solutions none of which have worked. I can't delete the account, it won't let me without a factory reset and I just can't be bothered to 'build' it all again, so I have decided to be patient and hope google sort the problem out.... and in the meantime remember to look on my phone browser to keep a check on all my appointments.

Upvote 0
Today I noticed all my calendar info had disappeared from both the stock app and Jorte my preferred installed app. I thought it was just my X10 but on getting home and checking my X8 that had gone too. When hubby came home I checked on his iPhone and that was also cleaned out. If you google the problem it looks like we are not alone. I have tried various solutions none of which have worked. I can't delete the account, it won't let me without a factory reset and I just can't be bothered to 'build' it all again, so I have decided to be patient and hope google sort the problem out.... and in the meantime remember to look on my phone browser to keep a check on all my appointments.

Maybe this is one of the android issues that they were talking about repairing.

99% of Android Phones Vulnerable to Data Leak; Google Working on Quick Fix

Messing with the authentication....hopefully however they decide to resolve the issue, hopefully it won't affect all people's phones that are 2.3 or lower.

Upvote 0
Figured out how to clear it as my phone wouldn't let me remove the sync account without factory resetting.

Settings>Manage Applications then Menu button, Filter>All. Scroll through and find Calendar and Calendar Storage and go in to both and clear data. Then go back in to your calendar app, either the stock one or your own installed one and it should then resync and bring all your appts back.

Never realised how much I rely on my calendar on my phone until it didn't work properly!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones