1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Gmail Synching Issues...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrchechile, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mrchechile

mrchechile New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Ok, so this might be a little bit of a noob question, but I just made the jump into smartphone...

When I got my Eris, I had verizon sync my old phonebook to it. Then when I actually got home and set it up I synched it with google as well. My phonebook was all watered down with multiple contacts after that, so I went into gmail and deleted unnecessary contacts. Also, on my phone I deleted all the duplicate contacts and got it down to the desire list.

So then I was worried about any new (random contacts) emails coming in to my gmail automatically synching into my phonebook constantly, so I disabled contact sync in my gmail settings on the phone.

So I have 2 problems...

1: I now have an ongoing notification on my phone that says "Too many contacts deletes" That I can't get rid of, it reflects as if it's always syncing with that problem

2: I recently enabled the sync on my gmail again to try and get my emails to link up, but when I went into my gmail account now all my email contacts are gone, and are just phone numbers like on my phone.

All i really want is to have my phone contacts (with email addresses) linked from gmail, but only the ones I want (i.e. no random email addresses popping in as contacts on my phone). And I want to be able to have gmail contacts on my email without any syncing to my phone.

Ok i know this might be all messy, but hopefully somebody can help...thanks

Advertisement