• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Syncing and Google Contacts (Questions)

wickettaker

Lurker
Jun 20, 2010
First night I got my evo, my first android phone, I was just going over the settings, seeing what control I had in the OS etc. I went into running applications and clicked on gmail and forced it to stop ("until you start it again" from what it said). Since then I have not been able to get push gmail to my evo. I've cleared the data and cache from manage applications to both gmail storage (or something) and gmail...please help me get true push email again!

2nd question: I transferred my iphone contacts into a .csv that i uploaded on my gmail contacts. I synced them from my gmail to my evo. but everytime i go into phone, it only shows me 3-4 contacts compared to the 300+ i synced from my gmail. how can i transfer them from my gmail account, onto my phone?

hopefully all this made sense..if not please ask. and thank you in advance for the help! new to android. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones