• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail users: App or HTC?

Gmail users: Still using Gmail App or HTC email app?

• Gmail App

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • HTC email app

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
The HTC app did not send my emails from a separate non-gmail address like the Gmail app does. That rules is out for my work email.

I hate that I have two gmail accounts and I have to open the app and switch between the accounts. I wish the shortcuts on the home page would work accurately.

Upvote 0
You need to add a "Both" option. I have both the HTC and Gmail setup along with Unread Gmail Count for notifications. I have HTC set to check manual to save battery, and let Gmail handle that actual notifications. So once I know there's mail, I just use HTC to view/reply. I really dislike the look of the Gmail app (it's horrible), and have been pleased with HTC mail. Just wish it did true push so I could simplify.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones