1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gmail won't show read mail since 1/29/11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jackwraith, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Jackwraith

Jackwraith Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Since January 29, any mail that has come into my inbox and been read and retained won't show on the Gmail app on my Evo 4G. Furthermore, some email that I've since archived remains in the app inbox.

I tried changing the sync rate from 4 days to 1 day, but that did nothing and now the menu that allowed me to make that change won't appear.

I just want to be able to see everything currently sitting in my inbox. Little help?

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Welcome to the forums :). Gmail sync should just be push mail, now, meaning that you get email/changes immediately on the phone. You don't really change the frequency anymore. That being said, I assume you've started with the obvious by going to menu->settings->Accounts & sync, tapping on google, then verifying that you have sync gmail selected?

Assuming you have, start by going to menu->settings->applications-manage applications, then find gmail under the all tab. Clear cache and data, then open gmail, and see if it starts syncing changes. If it doesn't, go back to manage applications, and uninstall gmail (will uninstall the latest update assuming you have any). You can then redownload it from the market (you'll still have gmail before that; just not the latest). See if that fixes it.

Jackwraith likes this.
  3. Jackwraith

Jackwraith Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Clearing the cache and data worked. Thanks for your help.

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Great. This is a semi-common issue, and that's usually what clears it up. If the problem happens again, try the uninstall.

Tags: