1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gmail Won't Update on Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Balczak, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Balczak

Balczak Newbie

Nov 12, 2009
    The Gmail app in the droid phone won't update when I get new email in Gmail. I have tried to refresh and it still wont pull up any new email from the last 5 hours. I have sent mail from my phone to another account and replied back but it still doesn't appear. When I log in to Gmail online the messages show up there so I know they are going through.

Anyone have any idea why it isn't syncing? I have syncing turned on in the settings but it still doesn't seem to work.

Advertisement

2. Phases

Phases Community Manager
    Administrator

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT, Vbulletin and Xenforo Administrator
    Nashville, TN
    This happened to mine. Tried several things before doing a factory wipe, which fixed it.

Then it happened again. Another factory wipe. Then again, but a mere reboot fixed it.

I exchanged my phone yesterday. (For this and several other problems). So far so good.

3. Balczak

Balczak Newbie

Nov 12, 2009
    Hmm, that's not too reassuring. Everything else seems like its working fine though, maybe I will hold out for an update that may address this problem.

4. SUPERSPORT

SUPERSPORT Newbie

Dec 25, 2009
    Did you ever fix your problem? Any other ideas anyone?

2 of my friends are having the same problem. It worked at first then all the sudden stopped after just a couple weeks.

I read somewhere else to do this, don't know if it works...
    Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> (Gmail and Gmail Storage) -> (Clear Data and Clear Cache).

I have another question. When you go to...
    Gmail -> Menu -> Settings -> Labels
    What does number of days to sync mean and what should it be on? Same for all the labels.

5. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010

This has always worked for me. Did you do a restore of your phone with Nandroid? Typically this is when my gmail would hose up.

6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I think it means that it will sync emails in intervals of 4 days at a time.

7. gladysdale

gladysdale Lurker

Jul 26, 2010
    Thanks for the posts. I have had the problem twice now. thanks to you I rebooted the phone and now it updated.