• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Won't Update on Droid

Balczak

Nov 12, 2009
The Gmail app in the droid phone won't update when I get new email in Gmail. I have tried to refresh and it still wont pull up any new email from the last 5 hours. I have sent mail from my phone to another account and replied back but it still doesn't appear. When I log in to Gmail online the messages show up there so I know they are going through.

Anyone have any idea why it isn't syncing? I have syncing turned on in the settings but it still doesn't seem to work.

Did you ever fix your problem? Any other ideas anyone?

2 of my friends are having the same problem. It worked at first then all the sudden stopped after just a couple weeks.

I read somewhere else to do this, don't know if it works...
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> (Gmail and Gmail Storage) -> (Clear Data and Clear Cache).

I have another question. When you go to...
Gmail -> Menu -> Settings -> Labels
What does number of days to sync mean and what should it be on? Same for all the labels.

Upvote 0
Did you ever fix your problem? Any other ideas anyone?

2 of my friends are having the same problem. It worked at first then all the sudden stopped after just a couple weeks.

I read somewhere else to do this, don't know if it works...
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> (Gmail and Gmail Storage) -> (Clear Data and Clear Cache).

I have another question. When you go to...
Gmail -> Menu -> Settings -> Labels
What does number of days to sync mean and what should it be on? Same for all the labels.

This has always worked for me. Did you do a restore of your phone with Nandroid? Typically this is when my gmail would hose up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones