• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GMaps Navigation overriding HTC Music app

Hi guys, first the stat box:

Android Version: 2.2
Network: Vodafone/H3G UK
Taskiller Used?: quick task killer
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: No
Issue: Navigation overriding music player, but no longer returning.

Okiedoke, this may sound like whining, but here we go. On 2.1, my beautiful Desire which I love very much would happily play music in the background whilst using the navigation (and I do a lot of driving, relatively), override it to tell me to turn or similar, and then reinstate the music as it would for a phonecall.

Since upgrading OTA to FroYo, it no longer reinstates the music. I'm a bit pressed for space for apps as most of mine won't transfer to the SD card, but have read that Winamp may solve this. I'd rather not though.

I also have a motorola Defy which does NOT have the same issue, but after going through 2 Defys due to the ear-speaker issue, I'm loathe to regularly plug the jack cable into the top, and my Voda sim which lives in the defy has far less data than my 3 sim, so ideally I'd be using the Desire for pratnav.

I'm really, really hoping there's some idiot-proof option in some settings or other, but I haven't found it yet despite quite a lot of searching. I even asked the HTC rep that comes round our shop to ask the tech guys back at his office (I work in a phone shop) but he hasn't gotten back to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones