1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General GN8.0 Stock Browser Bookmarks Management Following 4.2.2 OTA Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EnzoS, Feb 13, 2014.

1. EnzoS

EnzoS Member

Sep 8, 2013
    The 4.2.2 OTA update changed the way the stock browser's bookmarks look and how the sidebar (frame) on the left side of the screen works. Prior to the update, used to be able to drag the frame off the left side of the screen and it would stay there. Now, it reappears every time the bookmarks are summoned. It's like the bookmarks UI no longer has any memory retention for the frame's position...but everything else works OK.

I have a lot of bookmarks (and folders) that take up more than the visible screen's real estate. It would be great to be able to get rid of the redundant frame of folders on the left.

This happened immediately following the OTA update; it didn't just evolve as time went on. Am I missing some multi-window configuration or some other browser appearance setting that should have been reset following the OS update?

Advertisement

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    After the update did you do a factory reset

3. EnzoS

EnzoS Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Thank you for replying.

Nope...didn't do a reset. With a few exceptions where I had to re-install a few game apps, everything else went off without a hitch.

Did you have a similar experience where a factory reset corrected it? I've been looking everywhere for complaints about this but haven't seen anything about the stock browser's bookmarks. I'm beginning to think that either I'm being over-critical or folks just don't care about something this trivial.

4. BRAINZ2013

None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Park Ave., HELL
    Yes not only me others has and it said to do a reset if you have problems . it also list something to look out for . but if u take to a carrier dealer they will do the same . I had to call best buy geek squad . they said that this is a big must

5. EnzoS

EnzoS Member

Sep 8, 2013
    So...are you saying that you had a similar problem following the 4.2.2 OTA update wherein the stock Android browser's bookmarks would no longer retain memory of the left-side frame of folders' position???

I realize that some folks have had a variety of problems following the 4.2.2 OTA update and that a factory reset was required to resolve some of those issues. I am not sure that I would have to do a full reset for this one issue. I'd like to know if others have encountered this problem or is this behavior normal for the 4.2.2 browser???

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  6. BRAINZ2013

None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Park Ave., HELL
    Not that I had over lay problems unresponsive at times u got minor problems and someone out there has bigger than the both of us .:D:eek: but did the reset fix that issue

7. BRAINZ2013

None

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    Park Ave., HELL
    That's correct that's your device I can't make you do nothing but one day you will take the time to say thanks