• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GNex Win 7 x64 INTF2 driver error

almahix

Android Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2009
Southern CA
I have been getting nowhere trying to install the drivers for my Galaxy Nexus on my new Win 7 x64 pc. I've tried so many things, like PdaNet, native Samsung drivers, etc, They all fail trying to load something called INTF2, whatever that is. Can anyone please share their experiences getting past this roadblock? Thanks in advance for your assistance. :thinking:

i am sure you have tried this already, but did you check out Wugs Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit thread over at Androidcentrals CDMA galaxy nexus Root/ROM forum?

when i unlocked and rooted my phone it took me through some downloads and how to set everything up. and i have Zero problems connecting to my W7 64 bit system as long as i use the stock cable.

Upvote 0
Not sure if the rom you are using has a custom kernel as a part of the package but most custom kernels now have a "fast charge" option. I was having the same issue as you until i turned that fast charge option off. By doing this, it let me phone connect with no problems. I am using AOKP with Faux Kernel. Good luck! :)

My franco kernel was set to fast charge. I deselected it, connected it to usb, and boom...instant connection. Who would have thought it. You, that's who

Many thanks. Your first post and instant hero. Welcome to the forum.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
I just ran across this same problem with my tablet/laptop (HP 2760P) and my new Samsung Galaxy Nexus. For my setup the front left USB port is designated for charging and rear right 2 USB ports are for charging and or peripherals. I simply switched ports.
I noticed that when the phone was plugged into the front left, the phone identified it as charging via AC and when in the back two it identified USB.

Hope this helps.
CD

Upvote 0
Not sure if the rom you are using has a custom kernel as a part of the package but most custom kernels now have a "fast charge" option. I was having the same issue as you until i turned that fast charge option off. By doing this, it let me phone connect with no problems. I am using AOKP with Faux Kernel. Good luck! :)

OMG THANK U.. ****ing fast charge!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones