• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

go check your local at&t store

common NYC ppl spill the beans where ur getting it

exactly. Every store I've called so far either 1) tells me they don't have it yet and it doesn't come out till the 18th OR 2) they just say it's not available until the 18th with that tone that tells me they have them in stock already.

I'm out in Long island and am willing to drive into the city if i have to.

Upvote 0
exactly. Every store I've called so far either 1) tells me they don't have it yet and it doesn't come out till the 18th OR 2) they just say it's not available until the 18th with that tone that tells me they have them in stock already.

I'm out in Long island and am willing to drive into the city if i have to.

im on LI ATM also, should i give up on calling? If i get something i'll be sure to post

Upvote 0
Im in the Los Angeles area, called about 6 stores in a 20 mile radius of me, I got one of the 3 responses:

Either: I've never heard of that phone.

or Sorry you have to wait till the 18th

or we don't know when were going to be getting a shipment.

FML!!! i was really looking forward to getting one today LOL... I hate this thread.

Upvote 0
DO NOT CALL THE STORES! The reps will just feed you a line about the 18th! You have to physically go there. Speak with a manager if you have to.

Good advice LC. Will try that tomorrow. Hate the fact it's game playing for me for the next two days. You know, they won't sell to me but will to the next guy. Hell, i'd even say just wait until the 18th but if my store is an early sell there might not be any on Sunday. So, we're stuck. Not sure i'm liking AT&T right about now.

Upvote 0
Good advice LC. Will try that tomorrow. Hate the fact it's game playing for me for the next two days. You know, they won't sell to me but will to the next guy. Hell, i'd even say just wait until the 18th but if my store is an early sell there might not be any on Sunday. So, we're stuck. Not sure i'm liking AT&T right about now.

not really AT&T's fault the stores are breaking the rules

Upvote 0
not really AT&T's fault the stores are breaking the rules

Are they though? Some stores may be breaking or bending the rules and it seems as if the game is to try to find those stores and then get them to sell you one. I'd prefer not having to spend two days trying to do that. But now, it's the thrill of the hunt. <insert Mel Gibson voice> GAME ON AT&T!! I DONT LOVE YOU. I DONT WANT YOU. UNLESS YOU SELL ME A CAPTIVATE THAT IS</Mel Gibson voice>

Upvote 0
Are they though? Some stores may be breaking or bending the rules and it seems as if the game is to try to find those stores and then get them to sell you one. I'd prefer not having to spend two days trying to do that. But now, it's the thrill of the hunt. <insert Mel Gibson voice> GAME ON AT&T!! I DONT LOVE YOU. I DONT WANT YOU. UNLESS YOU SELL ME A CAPTIVATE THAT IS</Mel Gibson voice>

well the corporate stores shouldnt be having an issue on launch date since they arent selling phones early. dont worry you'll have it soon :)

Reactions: linuxdood
Upvote 0
i'm starting to think the NYC folks are trolls. I've called about 10 stores
Anyone said here they got it in the NYC? I walked to 2 nearby stores, in one store (morning check) the sales person went in the back to check, came out and said they had them but would not sell till Sunday. At the other store (4pm), I did not even finish my question, as the guy interrupted me with "no they are not out yet". "can I preor..." - "they are not out yet". "at least can I ..." - "get the * out of here you crapple hater". The last reply is a joke, but the rest is true, it was not a friendly conversation at all, I think the guy was asked about the captivate a hundred times already.
I am just getting off all forums till Sunday, then will calmly waltz into my local store (a 3rd one) and buy it.

Upvote 0
I went into the AT&T corporate store on the way home from work. I asked to see a demo and the guy was going to go get it. He asked a coworker where it was at, all the employees overheard and they literally all said "No, not til Sunday"...lol....lol...like AT&T put the fear of God in them. They were nice about it. I just paid my bill and left. I can wait three more days. :)

Upvote 0
Yea I know. Man the only issue is, I keep hearing stores stocking 15-20 Captivates per store so they might run out anyway.
Damn :( that just scares me... I can't wait to exchange my Aria for the captivate, I might just camp out for a couple hours :D thats how badly I want this phone...

A little background this is the most excited ive been, and ive watied for all 3 iphones and purchased them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones