1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Go for it or not

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kid Tech, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Kid Tech

Kid Tech Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2013
    I'm really new here but I am trying to choose whether or not I want to purchase a Droid DNA or one of those new windows phones. I am a Motorola Bionic owner and I think the OS of the Windows Phone 8 is super slick and pretty fun but basic. The DNA is an awesome phone that i checked out in store today but I've read there are some issues with lag and the like and its hard to root this phone.
    Could someone tell me is it possible to root a DNA and any major issues and does HTC provide good support?

I even read a comparison of the two which makes it hard to choose.
    HTC 8x Review vs Droid DNA Review: HTC's Best of the best - Windows Phone Central Forums

Advertisement

2. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    IL
    Ive had no lag at all with this phone, runs smooth as butter honestly. Im not a windows phone fan so I dont bother even messing with those anymore.

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2010
    Hehe...guess
    NYC
    Your link leads to a discussion of Angry Birds graphis problems. Widows phones have almost no apps so, for me, they are a non-starter.

The DNA is fast, smooth functioning and has amazing battery life.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    If Windows had Nova launcher I'd definitely get Windows 8.

5. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Banking
    Milwaukee
    I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this, and that's the big issue with Windows phones right now. They're finally getting some nice hardware, but the lack of apps compared to Android or iOS is a huge drawback. I love the look of the UI, but don't think I could switch until they get some comparable apps.

6. deathrow911

deathrow911 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    This. No hiccups since I've gotten this phone. I think you should go for it my man, you won't be disappointed. ;)

7. croppz

croppz Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    MoCo, MD
    This is the only android device I haven't had the desire to root. It's simply perfect (in my opinion) as far as performance and looks go. All I've done is replace the launcher with Apex and it's simply the best phone I've ever owned.

But yes rooting this phone is a pain, the method for unlocking the bootloader can be done but it's super sensitive and if you make a small mistake, your phone is a 700 dollar brick.

Go for it man you'll love it. Blows the S3 out of the water. BTW, noticed no lag of any sorts. People on XDA are complaining of "audio lags behind the video" issues but I haven't noticed anything of that nature.