• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GO Launcher EX - Can't add phone's default widgets

I guess that is phone dependent. I use go launcher on my Nexus and I can still use the stock widgets.

But you're using a Nexus, which doesn't count. Only the Nexus line would be exempted from this, or any other phone that uses stock Android launcher. TW, Sense, Blue, or UX (Sony) widgets aren't accessible from third party launchers. The same way you can't use Launcher Pro Widgets in Go Launcher.

Upvote 0
I have a GS2 btw and some stock widgets do work (like the clock for example)...can I find GO Widgets like the ones I'm trying to add? "...Task Manager, Dual Clock, Calendar"

I found a Task Manager Widget for GO but it sucks

UPDATE - I found a decent task manager and a very nice calendar. Still looking for a Dual Clock, maybe someone will be able to help me on this

Upvote 0
But you're using a Nexus, which doesn't count. Only the Nexus line would be exempted from this, or any other phone that uses stock Android launcher. TW, Sense, Blue, or UX (Sony) widgets aren't accessible from third party launchers. The same way you can't use Launcher Pro Widgets in Go Launcher.

I used launcher pro on my D2 and DX, I still used stock widgets.
My ex-gf tried launcher pro on her Incredible and couldn't use sense widgets.

Upvote 0
There's an entire world of difference between stock Android widgets and "Sense", "TouchWiz", "Timescape" and "Blur" widgets.

You originally stated that you can't use stock Android widgets if you're using a 3rd party launcher.
I have used 3rd party launchers and could use every widget that was on the device.
That being said, what is your point?

Upvote 0
All my stock widgets show up (but I use none of them). How can an "icon" show up and not the widget? When you long press and select "widget", you're saying the default widget is not on the list to select? Sounds odd to me. 95% of the time there are better 3rd party apps/widgets anyways. Or maybe you're mistaking widgets for app shortcuts, in which case long press and select the app (like Task Manager), and its icon will be on the screen.

Upvote 0
You originally stated that you can't use stock Android widgets if you're using a 3rd party launcher.
I have used 3rd party launchers and could use every widget that was on the device.
That being said, what is your point?

My mistake. I forgot about stock Android Widgets like the ones Nexus phones come with out of the box. And I did not say "stock" widgets. I said "default widgets". Basically, TouchWiz, Sense and other manufacturer overlays do not use Android stock widgets, as they have their own default widgets. (Not sure if I'm more confusing than not. LOL).

As I said, TW, Sense and other overlays have their own launcher with widgets that will only work on their launchers and not on others. Just like how Launcher Pro Widgets or Go Widgets will on work on other launchers.

Upvote 0
My mistake. I forgot about stock Android Widgets like the ones Nexus phones come with out of the box. And I did not say "stock" widgets. I said "default widgets". Basically, TouchWiz, Sense and other manufacturer overlays do not use Android stock widgets, as they have their own default widgets. (Not sure if I'm more confusing than not. LOL).

As I said, TW, Sense and other overlays have their own launcher with widgets that will only work on their launchers and not on others. Just like how Launcher Pro Widgets or Go Widgets will on work on other launchers.

You are wrong. I have the galaxy s4 and i can use ALL my widgets with Nova launcher but not with GO Launcher EX.

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung S3 and the S Planner widget does not work on Nova Launcher Prime. I can attest to that. Unless what you are saying is a new TouchWiz or Nova feature, then look at the date of this thread, and I have to update. Lol.

you can attest to that? Are you sure? here is a video. (please reply soon because i want to delete it . It isnt in english but you can see that its S planner) https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4kk3slrl9ay2zg/SCR_20140120_001626.mp4

Upvote 0
you can attest to that? Are you sure? here is a video. (please reply soon because i want to delete it . It isnt in english but you can see that its S planner) https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4kk3slrl9ay2zg/SCR_20140120_001626.mp4

It must be the new version then. I haven't updated to the latest Nova. Basically the reason i bought ADW widget is because S Planner widget did not work on Nova a year ago. And I like the S Planner widget more, so I'll be updating now. Lol.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on that new feature. Lol.

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung S3 and the S Planner widget does not work on Nova Launcher Prime. I can attest to that. Unless what you are saying is a new TouchWiz or Nova feature, then look at the date of this thread, and I have to update. Lol.

It must be the new version then. I haven't updated to the latest Nova. Basically the reason i bought ADW widget is because S Planner widget did not work on Nova a year ago. And I like the S Planner widget more, so I'll be updating now. Lol.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on that new feature. Lol.

It works with GO launcher too . I just checked .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones