• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go Launcher EX Email And Gmail Notifications

pookieguy

Dec 30, 2011
Hello all,

I just got the excellent S2 Skyrocket and love this phone. Been heavily modifying it and one of the many tools I use is Go Launcher EX. I got everything pretty much the way I want it...almost perfect!

The only issue is that the Email icon and Gmail Icon on the homescreen do not update to show unread messages. I found Go Launcher Notification, but they clearly state that Email is not supported. Is there anyone out there that has managed to get this to work?

Also, although they state that Gmail Icon update is supported with Go Launcher Notification plug-in, it simply does not work. Tried everything but can't get it to work.

Anyways,

If anyone has any info on how to get these two last things to work, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you much,
--mike

Tried but can't get K9 Mail to work the way I want it to. I need the stock Email and Gmail apps to work.

Any other way to get the icons to notify me of emails using this launcher? Also, any way to fix the Gmail issue? I just don't get instant notifications anymore...period.

Thanks,

--mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones