1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Go Launcher EX's App Drawer has to Rediscover Apps Every Time

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Duffin, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member
    None

May 20, 2010
    I really like Go Launcher, but there's something it's doing that really annoys me. Unlike other launchers, Go Launcher doesn't seem to remember the apps in the app drawer or something. After a time of leaving the phone idle, it seems to have to reload the apps in the app drawer, so instead of opening the drawer to quickly get an app, I have to wait for every single app to be reloaded into the drawer before I can do anything. I tried checking the "Keep System Persistent" box in the settings, but it didn't help. Does anyone else have this problem or is there something i have set incorrectly? I don't have this problem with ADW or Launcher Pro, so I assume it's a Go Launcher thing.

Advertisement

2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Greetings Duffin,

I've had that happen in the past with earlier versions of GO launcher, but haven't seen it it quite a while with the later versions.

I would suggest uninstalling GO, reboot the phone and then re-install it.

3. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    I don't ever remember that problem. I open app drawer (5 x 5 grid) and all 25 show up instantly, and on each swipe to next 25. Only problem I have occasionally with GO is on updates, it seems to get lost once updated. Sometimes when update is installed, the dialer opens and can't get out (locks up). Sometimes icon pictures will disappear. I always do a GO back-up whenever I do anything new, so a GO restore fixes everything.