• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go Launcher - Hottest home launcher

It doesn't matter if you use Handcent or not. To show unread counts in the dock, just add a dock icon for the application "Messaging", after having downloaded the notification app and enabling the SMS unread count notification in the Dock preferences.

I just tried it and it works great. You don't even have to enable notifications in the stock messaging app. I do use Handcent, btw.

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter if you use Handcent or not. To show unread counts in the dock, just add a dock icon for the application "Messaging", after having downloaded the notification app and enabling the SMS unread count notification in the Dock preferences.

I just tried it and it works great. You don't even have to enable notifications in the stock messaging app. I do use Handcent, btw.
I found that way works aswell, however, when you click on the dock, it opens "Messaging", whereas I'd like it to open Handcent.

Upvote 0
^ The unread counts only work with the stock messaging app in GO launcher. It doesn't support Handcent (or GO SMS either, for that matter).
Ok, I've must misread an earlier post where I thought the notification plugin supported the unread count for 3rd party SMS apps.

Strange it doesn't even support their own app though?

Upvote 0

thanks jimdroid. this will hold it off until they fix it with an update.

Upvote 0
anyone else got the home button bug on ex?
when I press home it doesn't go to the center home
screen. have to press it again to find it
cheers
Dan

Dan, I'm not sure that this is actually a bug. I believe that the first HOME Press is to safely close whatever application that you are leaving. Then the second press takes you HOME.

Upvote 0
The launcher is great but the missed calls/unread msg/unread email counts seem not working

I've installed this on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab and it's great, but one thing bugs me a little - the email icon doesn't show the number of unread emails, as it does when using the default (Samsung) launcher.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Thanks.

Download the notifier ...

Upvote 0
It is in Market yet, type in LP Icons? It is a piad app, but worth it.

I use it with Go Launcher.

Otherwise it is here too.
LP icons - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

Hope this helps?

Laurie
Cool, thanks for the link.

What about docks and default icons I've already got/come with Launcher Pro? How can I find these to use them?

Upvote 0
So it's now a straight out race for GO Launcher to support 3rd party SMS apps and LauncherPro to fix the gmail unread count bug for me.

Just installed the update and it supports 3rd party SMS count in the dock.

As a result, I've now changed from LauncherPro to GO Launcher. I also like easy access to close apps from the drawer.

Overall, great app!

Reactions: dgasz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones