1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Go Launcher Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dukins, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dukins

Dukins Member

Anyone having trouble getting to preferences for Go Launcher? Everytime I install I can not get to preferences for some reason. I may have to give up on it.

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

No trouble with preferences here, but periodically going into settings results in a black screen.
    Tapping on it brings it back.

Dukins likes this.
  3. WhyteSwan

WhyteSwan Lurker

I am having troube getting to preferences also. I have googled and searched and searched my phone but cannot find a preferences button or app anywhere. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with still nothing. Going into settings and display just gets me into my old launchers stuff.
    SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET TO PREFERENCES? Without it I feel like I didn't really install a different launcher.

4. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

Press the hard Menu button, then Preferences? If that's not working, what -is- happening?

5. WhyteSwan

WhyteSwan Lurker

What is hard Menu?

6. doniago

Er, whatever key or button you normally press to bring up the Menu screen. On most Android phones I think it's a physical button.

7. Ultimateone

Ultimateone Member

Youre in the Nexus forum dude

Crashumbc likes this.
  8. pool_shark

Did you make go launcher your default?
    When you press the home key it should ask which launcher you want to use.
    The preferences is on a tab when you press the menu button, the 3 vertical dots.

9. doniago

Doesn't necessarily mean my attempt to help is any less applicable. AFAIK pretty much all Android devices have some sort of implementation of a "Menu button".

10. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

OK, when you have go launcher set up as your default launcher, you should see three vertical dots on the lower right corner next to your home, back and recent buttons.
    this is the "menu" button in android 4.0

press that, then choose prefrences as shown in the pic below.

I expect a "thanks" because i installed Go and took a screen cap, then edited it just for you :)
    [​IMG]

11. WhyteSwan

WhyteSwan Lurker

Turdbogls> Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!
    I'm new to smartphones period so you really helped me out.

12. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

Please research ICS, it in fact does not have a the "standard" implementation of the "hard buttons...

13. pool_shark

It says some sort of implementation of a menu button. The 3 vertical dots qualify.

doniago likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews