• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Go Launcher update and GB 595 Deodexed

Eryl Flynn

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
So an update came out today and I could not do much of anything. Market wouldn't launch, it kept locking up and restarting. I finally got to where I could from inside itself uninstall go launcher and everything is stable again.

Any ideas on what is going on? Any others having this issue?

Hold the power key down, and when you see the Motorola logo (the big M), press and hold down the Menu key for 30 seconds (I just did it till it fully booted up) (HINT: let go of the power button when the M shows up and then hold down the menu button) It will say safe mode at the bottom left of the screen. This boots your Droid X into safe mode. Thats how you boot into safe mode. From there you can uninstall your launcher.

Upvote 0
i believe i upgraded to 2.28 yesterday? and all was good.. but today saw another update and it was 2.28 idk.. so i took it and man did it screw up my phone. i had to reboot like 20 times.. i finally got into titanium back up in time and restored 2.27 and everything was fine after that.. i'm not sure what happend.. perhaps i took the 2.27 update the day before and it was fine

Upvote 0
Ugh. My phone was rebooting a lot this morning so I tried to restore a backup from yesterday. Then when it rebooted, GMail and GApps kept force closing and I couldn't dismiss the pop-up. I was able to get into Bootstrap and tried a Factory Reset and now it's bootlooping. ARRRGH!!! My laptop is at home and I can't install RSD on this computer. Now I'm without a phone until I can get home and sbf.

Upvote 0
Looks like the new update fixes this. I couldn't do anything this morning with my phone, everything force closed. The market would freeze then reboot phone, and I couldn't update go launcher from within the app either. I was able to install the new update through the market on my laptop, and all is well again.:)

Upvote 0
I wish I would have read this thread 2 days ago, I've been sbf'ing, resetting, you name it, for the past 2 days thinking something was wrong with my phone.

Me too! I was having all sorts of lockups. Since I own about 4 paid launchers I went to ADW ex and everything smoothed right out but that was after a reset. Kinda wish the phone wouldnt automatically reload its apps at times.

Upvote 0
Me too! I was having all sorts of lockups. Since I own about 4 paid launchers I went to ADW ex and everything smoothed right out but that was after a reset. Kinda wish the phone wouldnt automatically reload its apps at times.

Once you do a reset there is a way to avoid having the apps download on their own, I do it every time I reset or SBF.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones