• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Go SMS and For Science Wallpaper - Help

panthepiper

Lurker
Jul 11, 2011
Hello everyone!

I just installed stormdroid, coming from the older Velocity, and I must say it's a wonderful ROM and I am quite happy. I'm not 100% on Go Launcher as I hadn't used it before and it's rather feature rich at first but I'm getting used to it.

Being a portal nerd first thing I did was install the For Science! theme and I love it, however I accidentally flashed a Go Launcher theme over it and have unfortunately lost that wonderful background. Would anyone know where I could find the file in the theme or on my phone somewhere? Or would anyone have a spare copy? I really liked that wallpaper.

Also, I can't seem to uninstall Go SMS pro or Go Locker. I installed Go Uninstaller (ironic) to get rid of them but I got an error message "Uninstall not successful". This happens after I close it.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Here's the wallpaper: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3270519/pics/default_wallpaper.jpg

Just put it in a folder on your sdcard and use the gallery to set it as the wallpaper.

As for goSMS, if you're on StormDroid 1.2.x it's a system app and cannot be removed. If you want a different SMS app, just download it and go into the goSMS settings and have it stop auto retrieving.

Reactions: panthepiper
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones