1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Go SMS Pro -Contacts not being recognised

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by helvinlui, Apr 14, 2011.

1. helvinlui

helvinlui Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    Anyone using gosmspro? Some contacts are not being recognised, that is, they get displayed as the mobile number, but I do have them on my contacts list. And sometimes, sms with the same contact are stored in 2 threads! Sometimes, outgoing sms in one, and incoming sms in another.

Please help!!! This is really frustrating, as sometimes I don't know who it is if they start the conversation.

:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Have you checked all your settings regarding what contacts to show (FB, Gmail, Sim card etc?) and what types of numbers to show?

3. helvinlui

helvinlui Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    Goreygirl, thanks for your suggestion, but I couldn't find such a setting in my gosmspro app. Would you know where it is?

Thanks!

4. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Check your phone to make absolutely sure that you do not have multiple instances of the same number ion your contacts list.

If you have more than one identical number your phone cannot distinguish wish contact to show and just displays the number.

Hope this helps. :D

5. helvinlui

helvinlui Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    Thanks ironass, i guess that's another possibility. I tried it, though some contacts for which I only have one copy of still have this problem. Is it because of country extension?

6. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    I wouldn't have thought so. All my contacts have a country extension (+44, +33, +1) in front of them with no problem.

In contacts, Menu > Accounts and just check that you only have one lot of accounts sync'ing. I once had a problem where 3 or 4 numbers were sync'ing from another account and giving me duplicates (I once had a problem with a 2nd account displaying). You could also check display options in the same Menu and click on your contacts sync account (Google?) and see which tick boxes are checked under it.

7. Angels Punishment

Angels Punishment Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    I don't mean to hijack but I'm having a similar problem. My Facebook contacts won't show up in GO SMS PRO. They're in my contacts, and they show up in Handcent. Any way to get them to show up in GO? I have an HTC Incredible running CM7

8. Silvermane18

Silvermane18 Lurker
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    Im having the same issue.

9. SirGoose

SirGoose Lurker
    None

May 2, 2011
    Same problem here... When I press on the picture and open the contact from Go SMS it goes to a phone contact that only has a name and number showing. Not even First name, Last name, ect.. I couldn't even find that contact in my address book.

Edit: I found the solution. I guess I just had multiple contacts (somewhere) so I deleted them by going to them from Go SMS and then delete.

10. helvinlui

helvinlui Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    I have found that removing multiple entries for a person, and adding in country extensions e.g. for New Zealand numbers, +64... seems to do the trick for me :)

11. sarimanokftw

sarimanokftw Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    encountered it as well, solved it by sync my contacts in my google account.

12. tjking82

tjking82 Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    For the record, I had this happen with a contact whose phone number I got off Facebook.

I solved it by creating a seperate google contact with his number, and then merging that with his Facebook contact.

13. GSPOTR

GSPOTR Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2011
    hi guys, i have the same issue (its pretty annoying)

so heres what i have and don't have:

1. no Facebook or anything like that and yes its ONLY synchronized to Gmail.
    2. numbers are in this format.. 0401 xxx xxx
    3. GO SMS Pro shows them either as +61410xxxxxx (no name), or if it does show the name it will show +61410xxxxxx in the message window and sometimes it shows 0401 xxx xxx and sometimes it shows 0410xxxxxx..

What could be the cause to this?

14. GSPOTR

GSPOTR Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2011
  15. AdamLundin

AdamLundin Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    Hey.

I think i solved the problem, at least it worked for me. You have to save the contact to the Phone memory, not the SIM-card or the memory card.
    Hope it will work for you.

regards

16. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
    Photographer
    Portland, Oregon
    I tried making a new contact in my phone for all of the facebook ones with phone numbers, but leaving it blank as far as information and then linking it to facebook, still not recognized in Go Sms Pro.

17. yeatsie

yeatsie Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    same thing was just happening for me.. driving me nuts..!

my problem was that GO SMS was picking up my Skype contacts in my GS2 phone contacts list (which dont have names associated with their numbers for some reason)

I solved it like this on my Samsung GS2 phone:

1. long-press the message in the GO SMS list, choose View Contact from menu that comes up
    2. select Delete to delete that Skype contact from the list - my GS2 wont allow me to actually delete it as its coming from a read-only app, and suggests that it will hide it instead (whatever)

2b. In the same way, if you choose to 'Join' that unnamed contact to an existing Named contact source for the same person (a contacts option in my GS2), this will also give you a name-to-the-number association when you go into GO SMS.

hope this helps

18. INvinter23

INvinter23 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 16, 2012
    my Momma's ^&^
    I had a reverse problem once. The contact is found using GO SMS. but I can't find the contact using the contact application. I can view the contact fine if I click the contact icon on the GO SMS, but when I go back to the contacts app, that person is not on the list. I wonder how that could even happen