• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Go SMS Pro - strange problem

victek

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2011
I've been using Go SMS Pro on the Dinc 2 for a couple of months and it's been great until just recently. After the last update when I touch the app icon to open it the HTC Weather app comes up instead - totally weird! I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but the problem persists. If I go to the Android Market I can open Go SMS Pro there, but not directly on the phone. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Other than this my phone is working normally. TIA

I've been using Go SMS Pro on the Dinc 2 for a couple of months and it's been great until just recently. After the last update when I touch the app icon to open it the HTC Weather app comes up instead - totally weird! I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but the problem persists. If I go to the Android Market I can open Go SMS Pro there, but not directly on the phone. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Other than this my phone is working normally. TIA

Does it do that from a shortcut that you placed on your homescreen? What happens if you try to run it by going to the app tray where all apps are listed? Maybe you just need to delete the icon on the homescreen and add it back in.

Upvote 0
Does it do that from a shortcut that you placed on your homescreen? What happens if you try to run it by going to the app tray where all apps are listed? Maybe you just need to delete the icon on the homescreen and add it back in.

I noticed it first when touching the home screen shortcut. I tried deleting and replacing the shortcut, and also running from the app tray, but no joy. Uninstalling/reinstalling also made no difference. The weird thing is if i open it from the Android Market it works. I've moved to Handcent, at least temporarily, and hopefully there will be another update to Go SMS Pro that will sort things out.

Upvote 0
I noticed it first when touching the home screen shortcut. I tried deleting and replacing the shortcut, and also running from the app tray, but no joy. Uninstalling/reinstalling also made no difference. The weird thing is if i open it from the Android Market it works. I've moved to Handcent, at least temporarily, and hopefully there will be another update to Go SMS Pro that will sort things out.

I'd try restarting the phone

Upvote 0
I've had exactly the same problem, and am now back to stock mail. Tried reinstalling several times, no luck. Tried deleting emoji plugin, also no luck. Did you find a solution? I have a Desire S.

I could not sort out the problem with Go SMS Pro so I switched to Handcent. Handcent is virtually the same and so far I've not had any problems with it.

I just checked and Go SMS Pro has been updated to 3.6 - have you tried it? Since Handcent has been working perfectly I don't know that I'll bother, but if you do let me know if the problem is fixed. TIA

Upvote 0
I had a weird problem like this also, but with WinAmp. When I would try to open WinAmp, it would open Words With Friends every time. I actually tried from the shortcut on the home page and the actual app in the app list. I uninstalled Winamp and started using MixZing. Haven't reinstalled WinAmp yet to see if the problem comes back, but we'll see in the future. Upgrading to Gingerbread right now. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones