• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GO SMS Pro Unable to Send MMS

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
I am using GO SMS Pro for my SMS messages on an older Android Samsung S4 phone. SMS works fine, but I am never able to send out images by MMS. I checked settings and I have the size set to 2M and the images that fail are always under 1M. I tried both the "legacy" and "system" settings, and both of these time out while trying to send. What would cause these failures and is there a workaround?

I understand that this may have something to do with "APN" settings on the phone, but how do I change APN settings? And why wouldn't a phone provided by Verizon already be set to use Verizon APN?

If it was an APN problem you'd never be able to send photos of any size with any app. So if you can send photos at all it's not that.

My guess is that your carrier has a limit that's less than 1MB. Telling the app that the limit is larger than that won't change the carrier limit, and so larger images will fail to send. I'm not American and don't know what the limit is for Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones