1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Go SMS sending links instead of pics

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by btarb24, Jul 3, 2011.

1. btarb24

btarb24 Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    Hi there. When i send an MMS picture via the Go SMS app it will send the recipient a link to get the picture instead of just sending the picture itself. If i send the exact same picture via the stock sms app then the pic goes through just fine. The link is hosted by the GoSms servers, so i assume that this is a "feature", though it is one i'd love to bypass.

Does anyone know how to get the GoSms app to send pics as pictures instead of links? I'm on a non-rooted thunderbolt in case it matters.

Advertisement

2. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Has this only started happening recently? I use Go too and as far as I know my pics get through as pics. I know if my brother texts me a pic from Sweden I get a link but that is because of the carrier service he is on.

3. btarb24

btarb24 Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I had go installed for a couple months now, but this was the first time i tried to send a pic on it. The recipient also has verizon so I don't think it is a carrier issue for me. Plus, it worked fine when i sent the same picture via the stock sms app. I had tried 2 different pics on the Go app and both came out to her as links. Strangely, when i view the 'sent' messages via go I can see the images fine. When i view the sent messages via the stock app it shows the links.

I assume it is some kind of feature on the go app, but i can't find where it is to turn it off. Kinda sucks to have to switch back to the stock app just to send a pic :(

4. BlackGravity

BlackGravity Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    look at the bottom of the screen,you have a choice to send "MMS" or "GOMMS" gomms put's the pic on their server and sends a link so the person getting it can view on a server,just pick the "MMS" to send like regular.

btarb24 likes this.
  5. btarb24

btarb24 Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    That appears to work much better, thanks! I typically never have that little submenu visible since it gets hidden when i have the keyboard open (flext9). When i was having the initial troubles I was attaching the pics by clicking the paperclip that's visible when the keyboard is open. Apparently that links with the GoMMS button.

It's still a bit of an annoyance to have to close the keyboard, but that's way better than closing the entire app and opening the stocker. :)