1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Go sms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by benwalburn, May 26, 2011.

1. benwalburn

benwalburn Android Enthusiast

My incoming texts delete themselves, often before I can read them. Is Velocity the cause? I think someone else is experiencing this. If it isn't, then can it be fixed in the settings?

2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Android Enthusiast

Did you remove/freeze the stock messaging app? If so, thats your problem. I froze the stock thinking that if I had a 3rd party messaging app, I wouldn't need it. Wrong. The receiving messages don't stick/stay.

3. benwalburn

Go sms claims it can work (but mms can be buggy) without the stock mms app. But I did not freeze it or anything. All i did was turn off the notifications for stock.

But isn't the stock app for velocity the cyanogen sms app? Is that the cause?

4. johnjjbsu

johnjjbsu Lurker

same porblems with both go sms and handcent

5. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Someone JUST posted this question but with handcent, use stock sms and it wont do it. I *think* its a memory issue i was having the same problem so i switched to the stock sms

6. benwalburn

Ugh I hate not having popup sms. I'll try cleaning everything and messing with settings. Maybe I can get it to work somewhat

7. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

It used to work, i had been using go sms for a few months now. So there may be a fix. Run a logcat and email it to the go sms dev and maybe link to it on here so someone could take a look at it.

8. benwalburn

I'm going to stick with the verizon app for a while, try something different. If i don't get used to no popup, I'll reenable GO and get a logcat

9. j2cool2012

j2cool2012 Android Enthusiast

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews