1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Going abroad?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by C3Pdroid, May 7, 2012.

1. C3Pdroid

C3Pdroid Newbie

Hello,

My friend wants to go to Portugal to use his tablet there for surfing the web in 3G mode using a SIM card.

Will he be able to browse the web by just buying a local SIM card there (possibly providing some APN info) or will he have to perform some extra specific steps?

Both my friend and I have an ASUS EEE Pad TF101G which we bought in the Netherlands (I asked the seller on the phone if it was locked and he said that it was not locked).

Thank you,

--
    C3Pdroid

2. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast

Wow! A 3G Transformer? I don't think we ever saw those here in the US. :( So to the exact tablet, I won't be able to answer but I think I can in general. As long as the tablet isn't carrier locked, just switching the SIM card to a local one with a data plan should do the trick. It does it all the time with my phones when I travel. The only difference being that I'm not sure exactly how various overseas carriers do just data plan SIMs.

3. C3Pdroid

C3Pdroid Newbie

A 3G Transformer indeed. :)
    It was very hard to find though. Couldn't find it anywhere.
    I think it's better than using an external 3G USB modem.

4. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast

Stupid USA carrier garbage...

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews