1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Going back to DJ05 for now..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drbenne, Feb 9, 2011.

1. drbenne

drbenne Newbie

So i've had the DL30 leak for about a week now and would like to go back to DJ05. It hasn't really run great as I hoped it would. The stock launcher was considerably slower and not much better after installing LauncherPro, which saw dramatic results on the old DJ05. I also had great battery life with the UV kernels and my gps worked somewhat decent (doesn't work with DL30)...

I made a backup right before I went to DL30, but when restoring to that backup the screen would get stuck on the samsung logo upon reboot. Do i need to go back to the old CWM or can I use the new CWM I flashed when switching to DL30. Does anything need to be pushed in Odin?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast

3. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Ok check out the EB01, its out you should no where to go. They ask for no forum links yet so out of respect to the dev's no linkies in AF yet, but its very much out ;)

drbenne likes this.
  4. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

I guess I'm too dense, but I can't find it. Google didn't help either, as far as an actual download of EB01.

5. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast

Can we do a nandroid between DL30 and EB01? I hate syncing Facebook contacts between new roms :D

6. drbenne

drbenne Newbie

sweet.. might have to try this out then. Gots to wait till i get off of work though.. only 7 more hours to go :(

would I have to flash a new radio? currently on the DJ05

7. xliderider

I am gonna wipe before installing, then I'm going to do a Data only restore. Should be ok because they are both froyo 2.2

8. saps

YES new radio

9. xliderider

Just finished installing EB01, doing the Advanced Restore for Data only following installation worked out ok. No problems so far.

10. saps

Yeah all elements of recovery should be good to go.

I was noticing your location island boy ;) seems we got something in common :D

11. xliderider

How do you put up with the lousy weather? I spent one semester in Oregon (Fall), pretty depressing when it rains for 2 weeks straight. :(

12. drbenne

drbenne Newbie

hmmm.. i seem to have done something wrong in trying to flash EB01. I tried flashing the cwm_froyo.tar file through Odin, it passes but now the phone is stuck in the stock recovery screen. I press reboot system now and it goes to the samsung logo then goes back to the blue recovery options.

even after a battery pull, i press the power button, samsung logo, blue recovevery options

13. spollock

spollock Member

After data restore I had to remove my exchange activesync account and add it back.

It was pulling in mail and sending ok, but when I tried to read anything that came in after the data restore all I got was a blank screen on the email client. The email to/from and subject was there, just no writing in the body of the email.

Removed/ added back and all is well again.. weird

14. xliderider

Did you put the zip file for the new CWM (update zip) on the root of your sd card? When you unzipped the downloaded package, there should've been two files, the tar file and the update.zip file.

15. drbenne

drbenne Newbie

i got it fixed.. just went ahead and did a full DI01 factory restore, then restarted from the beginning... rerooting and whatnot. Everything seems fine so far.

This EB01 build seems to be working alot better for me than the DL30, although I am still having problems with the stock launcher, particularly the scrolling of the apps in the app drawer. For some reason it won't scroll down as soon as i open it, I have to scroll up and let it "bounce" off the top of the screen before it'll scroll down... pretty annoying. It was doing the same thing in DL30.

Other than that I thought the stock launcher was pretty quick, besides the speed of opening the app drawer, which is what I love about launcher pro.. it's adjustable allowing for instant opening of the drawer.

I still have to wait till i'm out and about to see how the GPS acts. Can't wait to see some UV kernels now! :)

16. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

still will need 2.2 source to come after an ota

17. drbenne

drbenne Newbie

hmm.. I see.. oh well, maybe one day :(

18. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

most likely within 2 weeks of an ota

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews