1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General going back to the vibrant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1newthang, Nov 29, 2010.

1. 1newthang

1newthang Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    After using the mytouch 4g for a couple weeks coming from the vibrant I am really upset with the quality of the phone the screen is horrible and it seems to force close on all things never really had that problem with the vibrant and the speaker is beyond horrible and to tell you I dont think the mytouch 4g is that much faster then the 3g so I am going back to my vibrant for good anyone have any thoughts or reason I should stay with the mytouch

Advertisement

2. trav2001

trav2001 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 28, 2010
    Maintenance Repair
    Mesa, AZ
    I don't know much about the MT4G, but that does make me thankful I still have my 3G Slide.

3. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 13, 2010
    LOL you think the Vibrant has better quality.

4. dasudevil

dasudevil Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 22, 2009
    Forklift driver for Frito Lay
    Gilbert, Arizona
    you may have received a bad unit. I have not had any force closes unless I DO IT. Mostly playing music and trying to run several other things at the same time ie video chat, internet, and a game. I dont turn them off sometimes.

If you feel the samsung is better then enjoy it. Im not going to change your mind and tie up some of my 4G experience. LOL

cw54o and Exaqtion like this.
  5. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    I can understand the fact about the screen. Coming from the Vibrant to this you wouldnt be amazed by the MT4G screen, but coming from any other phone to the MT4G you would think the screen is beautiful. I NEVER had a force close. The speaker is low, but I never use it and that wouldn't make me take the phone back. The speed of the phone is incredible. Processor and 4g on the phone. This is the only phone I can go to youtube and have a video pop up in a second and not buffer, on 3g.

Oh by the way. It has Froyo! Why go back to a downgrade system and have to wait until next year to upgrade to 2.2? Also with Samsung, are you even sure they will release 2.2 onto the Vibrant? I had the behold 2 and they promised 2.1 and then went against their word. HTC phones also have way more support than Samsung. I just don't see a reason to downgrade, because of the screen and speaker issues.

6. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Female
    Overland Park, KS
    I agree that it sounds like the op had a defective device. If those problems were common,wouldnt there be multiple posts about them?? I came from a Vibrant as well and this phone simply murders it.