1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

going home stutter [vzw]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zlaqh, Aug 9, 2012.

1. zlaqh

zlaqh Lurker

when i'm in an application and press back a bunch of times to go home, or even when i press the home button to go home directly, it takes the phone a second, as if touchwiz is stopping and restarting.

this issue happens for both apps that were included on the phone and apps that i've downloaded from the playstore.

this also resets my folders i have on the home screen (the order of the apps goes back to the order they were added not the custom order i set them in).

i have tried clearing data for touchwiz home, yet that hasn't solved the problem. i was going to reset the phone, but decided to put it up and see if anybody has a solution.

anybody else having the same problem? anybody know any solutions? any help would be much appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert

If you go in the settings of the S voice app and uncheck S voice launch then it will speed the function of the home button up. I think the hold down the home button and actual press of the home button tie up sometimes and cause it a delay. Some people actually press the home button a little long when going back to the home screen instead of pressing it. i hope that helps.

3. zlaqh

zlaqh Lurker

reset the phone and that fixed the problem. no more problems after that.

4. Stormlight

Stormlight Newbie

Turn off S-Voice and the problem goes away permanently. At least it did for me.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews