1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Going to Rooot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PerfectCreatur, Jan 2, 2012.

1. PerfectCreatur

None

Jan 2, 2012
    So, I am getting an iPhone as my primary phone to use for the time being. My business I work for switched carriers. We all had various Driods, I the Driod X. Due to its low resale value in terms of recouping costs, I have been given the phone to do as I please. I am waiting, much like others are, for the ICS(Encounter)[CM9] to be fully patched up and ready to go. While I am waiting, I want to get it clarified, that this thread (and that it has everything I need): http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...oot-process-updated-9-9-11-a.html#post2928345
    Is the thread to follow/use in regards to the Driod X version 2.3.3.

Is there any input that is not stated in that thread or suggested apps or whatever to download, or things to do afterwords so I can get the most fun out of this process.
    Thanks so much, I will continue to read more information to glean and learn from in the mean time.

Advertisement

2. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    That thread covers it. Just follow the directions and enjoy. Most complications arise when flashing roms but even then, it can be resolved.

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    the DX is unbrickable really, cause no matter what you do, we have RSD Lite, and can restore the phone back to stock settings. so no worries on that end :)

4. PerfectCreatur

None

Jan 2, 2012
    Well, that is good to hear.
    My iPhone was just shipped today, so I should be able to start the process this weekend. I am so stoked!
    Thanks for the clarification.

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    i dont know why your stoked about a closed system, but ok :) i do hope you enjoy your iphone, i know several people who bought one, to return it 2 weeks later(because it didnt feel the same, or too many paid apps, or to long a process to set everything up) i dont know, never owned one, and probably never will. but enjoy your road to it.

6. PerfectCreatur

None

Jan 2, 2012
    I am not stoked about the iPhone, ha.
    I am stoked about being able to root the driod.
    I need the iPhone as my primary because it is stable, and it is compatible with my stereo in my vehicle and many of the programs my work uses on a daily basis. I understand that it will not be the same as the driod. Nor is the screen as big, the part I will miss most.
    I am unable to root my driod, do to the fact I cannot have it out of commission for any given time should I get a call. My work is paying for the iPhone, so I figured why not, besides, I can switch phones whenever I like just by doing and ESN swap on my cellular providers account. So if I feel like driod one day then I can have the driod, if I feel like the iPhone I can have that.
    The driod will be a media device anyway, I will toss music on it, get a 32gb sd card and have at it through wireless/bluetooth.