• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Going to Verizon tonight.

That's weird. Over in Motorola Droid land, they are complaining that Asurion is giving out Eris' as replacements for droids. They claim to be out of Droids.
Pretty funny that Eris users are getting droids and droid users are getting Eris'
why.jpg

Upvote 0
eris owners have been getting droids from verizon..... asurion is out of droids and apparently verizon wont supply more..... now that the droid is expected to be EOL (already appears on the EOL list) with the next rollover..... either next week or next month........ theyve decided to offer other options instead.......

as far as what this means for eris owners..... Ive heard a couple people in the past week say they got an incredible....... and at least 1 (although I think hes confused about what the difference is) claiming he got an X as an even exchange.....

my guess...... eris owners are gonna be stuck with their eris or be offered an ally or devour..... its not very likely they are going to offer any other droid (incredible or droidX) since they cant even fill the orders they have on these phones.......... not to mention the droidX is already having to be exchanged for X owners due to the screen issues

of course if youre physically going to a store.... and given the rock and hard place VZW has placed themselves in with EOL everything so quickly and not having stock on anything to replace it with...... you might find a sympathetic manager whos willing to exchange your eris for anything you ask......... Id shoot for ownership of the company LOL

Upvote 0
eris owners have been getting droids from verizon..... asurion is out of droids and apparently verizon wont supply more..... now that the droid is expected to be EOL (already appears on the EOL list) with the next rollover..... either next week or next month........ theyve decided to offer other options instead.......

as far as what this means for eris owners..... Ive heard a couple people in the past week say they got an incredible....... and at least 1 (although I think hes confused about what the difference is) claiming he got an X as an even exchange.....

my guess...... eris owners are gonna be stuck with their eris or be offered an ally or devour..... its not very likely they are going to offer any other droid (incredible or droidX) since they cant even fill the orders they have on these phones.......... not to mention the droidX is already having to be exchanged for X owners due to the screen issues

of course if youre physically going to a store.... and given the rock and hard place VZW has placed themselves in with EOL everything so quickly and not having stock on anything to replace it with...... you might find a sympathetic manager whos willing to exchange your eris for anything you ask......... Id shoot for ownership of the company LOL

I went through 3 eris'. After the 3rd I had enough called *611, and after an hour on the phone, I'm getting a brand new Inc, for my eris problems, they let me keep the eris, cnaceld out my old contract, and opened a new two year giving me the inc for $199 which, the credit they gave me for my eris covered. oh yea i got to keep my eris, which i sold for 150$
so, in the end, I got a brand new Incredible(will be here on tuesday 7/27) and made $150 in the process, be relentless, and don't be afraid to tell them you will go to att in a heartbeat if they don't compensate. it works, and if one csr rep doesnt work, yea call again.
dont ever go to the store, they dont know shit.
just my 2 cents,
or yea ill go ahead and say it, my incredible 2 cents.
werd

Upvote 0
I went through 3 eris'. After the 3rd I had enough called *611, and after an hour on the phone, I'm getting a brand new Inc, for my eris problems, they let me keep the eris, cnaceld out my old contract, and opened a new two year giving me the inc for $199 which, the credit they gave me for my eris covered. oh yea i got to keep my eris, which i sold for 150$
so, in the end, I got a brand new Incredible(will be here on tuesday 7/27) and made $150 in the process, be relentless, and don't be afraid to tell them you will go to att in a heartbeat if they don't compensate. it works, and if one csr rep doesnt work, yea call again.
just my 2 cents,
werd

Wow... great job!

Not everyone has what it takes to be persistent and make demands til they finally get what they want.

Good for you!

Edit: on a side note, I'm glad you wont be changing your name to Motothebestdroid:D

Upvote 0
just my 2 cents,
werd

How did you convince them to make this offer? is calling in really better then going to the store?

Upvote 0
Wow... great job!

Not everyone has what it takes to be persistent and make demands til they finally get what they want.

Good for you!

Edit: on a side note, I'm glad you wont be changing your name to Motothebestdroid:D

Haha thanks man, I was actually thinking about that, I was like yeaa this name works for this too!

How did you convince them to make this offer? is calling in really better then going to the store?

In all of my experience with Verizon, (circa 2001) calling is ALWAYS the way to go. If you go to the store, chances are they won't do much of anything for you and it's a big waste.
The CSR reps on phone are great (most of the time) you can always call back and get a different one (I've actually been told to do that because everyone is difference)
Anyway when you are explaining to them your problems, like mentioned above, explain to them VERY nicely, (politeness goes along way)
that you have gone trhough your refurbs(if you have) and having the same problems again. Tell them you have started with pulling the battery(this is what is called a soft reset) to no avail. You then tried a factory reset(what they call a hard reset) and after this hard reset you decided it is best NOT to install any apps, and you STILL are having the problems as they sometimes try to blame third party apps as the cause(there is no way to check about any of this so it doesn't matter if you actually did any of this or not) .
So, you've expained that the soft and hard resets with no apps installed, and still having the problems mentioned earlier. This is were you gotta let it be known you are not happy ( keep in mind, don't be a jerk, that will get you no where as no one likes to be talked down to, and they will likely do nothing for you)
So tell them that you are not happy that you are paying blah blah a month for a smart phone and for me( silent bug) couldnt even make a phone call.
I am on a family plan, and have been since 2001, with 5 numbers to the plan, and tell them as nicely as possible, that if soemtime isn't taken care of and no I don't want another Eris, that you and your family plan are gunna be bringing your service to ATT. Trust me a CSR rep on the phone does not want to loose a 9 year, 5 number family plan over a $199 phone that they totally have authority to give to you for free.
So she laid out my options, offering me the moto droid.
This is were my expertise can in place,
explain to them that as this is a GREAT offer and as you don't want to come off as it is, thatyou chose the Eris for specific reasons, and if you wanted the moto droid you would have botten it to begin with. I then told her why would you replace an HTC phone with a motorola phone, WHEN a brand new HTC phone which is basically the Eris just, with all the problems (hopefully ) fixed. she told me she would go talk to her Supervisor.
She then offered to give me a $199 credit for my Eris (which I got to keep), and then told me that I could go to the store and get whatever I want with that credit, I told her yea thats great but im not due for an upgrade and im not paying anymore money, and if i was id be using it to cancel this contract and peace it.
she said hold on, came back and here is were it got interesting,
she said OK here is what we will do for you,
we are gunna cancel out your existing contract(free of charge) and open up a new two year contract(free of charge) and give me the inc at the online discount price($199) which the credit they gave for my eris covered. SO, I had to front $100, BUT I gety it back with the mail in $100 rebate,
So in the end I got a brand new Inc, will be here Tues! cant wait, and go to keep and sell my old Eris ($150)

Upvote 0
Haha thanks man, I was actually thinking about that, I was like yeaa this name works for this too!

In all of my experience with Verizon, (circa 2001) calling is ALWAYS the way to go. If you go to the store, chances are they won't do much of anything for you and it's a big waste.
The CSR reps on phone are great (most of the time) you can always call back and get a different one (I've actually been told to do that because everyone is difference)
Anyway when you are explaining to them your problems, like mentioned above, explain to them VERY nicely, (politeness goes along way)
that you have gone trhough your refurbs(if you have) and having the same problems again. Tell them you have started with pulling the battery(this is what is called a soft reset) to no avail. You then tried a factory reset(what they call a hard reset) and after this hard reset you decided it is best NOT to install any apps, and you STILL are having the problems as they sometimes try to blame third party apps as the cause(there is no way to check about any of this so it doesn't matter if you actually did any of this or not) .
So, you've expained that the soft and hard resets with no apps installed, and still having the problems mentioned earlier. This is were you gotta let it be known you are not happy ( keep in mind, don't be a jerk, that will get you no where as no one likes to be talked down to, and they will likely do nothing for you)
So tell them that you are not happy that you are paying blah blah a month for a smart phone and for me( silent bug) couldnt even make a phone call.
I am on a family plan, and have been since 2001, with 5 numbers to the plan, and tell them as nicely as possible, that if soemtime isn't taken care of and no I don't want another Eris, that you and your family plan are gunna be bringing your service to ATT. Trust me a CSR rep on the phone does not want to loose a 9 year, 5 number family plan over a $199 phone that they totally have authority to give to you for free.
explain to them that as this is a GREAT offer and as you don't want to come off as it is, thatyou chose the Eris for specific reasons, and if you wanted the moto droid you would have botten it to begin with. I then told her why would you replace an HTC phone with a motorola phone, WHEN a brand new HTC phone which is basically the Eris just, with all the problems (hopefully ) fixed. she told me she would go talk to her Supervisor.
She then offered to give me a $199 credit for my Eris (which I got to keep), and then told me that I could go to the store and get whatever I want with that credit, I told her yea thats great but im not due for an upgrade and im not paying anymore money, and if i was id be using it to cancel this contract and peace it.
we are gunna cancel out your existing contract(free of charge) and open up a new two year contract(free of charge) and give me the inc at the online discount price($199) which the credit they gave for my eris covered. SO, I had to front $100, BUT I gety it back with the mail in $100 rebate,
So in the end I got a brand new Inc, will be here Tues! cant wait, and go to keep and sell my old Eris ($150)

Great! I was meant to head into a verizon store today but i think ill call instead haha

Upvote 0

When you call in do you need any account information near you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones